A heavy shower of rains makes me crave for Chinese food!
Also, after a week of being Mrs. Sickly, I was craving for a Chinese dish with bold flavors. Hint Schezwan sauce!
Ask me why?
The reason, it requires only mixing the readymade Schezwan sauces with minimum efforts!
Making anything Schezwan is not at all difficult and you can pair it up with rice, noodles or even make a soup! The best part is you can serve it as an appetizer or as a main course…
I have used prawns/shrimp but you can substitute them with veggies of your choice or paneer or tofu. Following method includes both.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
4 Tbsp (Chings) Schegwan Sauce 4 Tbsp (Chings) Schezwan chutney 1 Cup Chopped Onions 2 teaspoons garlic grated 2 Tbsp soya Sauce 2 Cups water or Stock(Prawns/Shrimps) / 1 Cup in case Veggies/Paneer/Tofu 10-12 Prawns (Substitute: Veggies/Paneer/Tofu) 1 Tbsp Vinegar 1 cup Spring onions (garnish)
Marinade: Salt & Pepper (According to taste) 2 Tbsp Lemon juice 1 Tbsp Corn flour 1tsp Sugar (Skip the sugar if using veggies/Paneer/Tofu)
- Marinate the prawns/shrimps with the ingredients listed above for 30 minutes. If you are using Veggies/Paneer/Tofu marinate them and deep fry them for 30-40 seconds first and keep them aside.
- Heat a large wok or round bottom pan, with oil and add in chopped onions and garlic and sauté on high heat for 30 seconds.
- Keeping the heat high add in the marinated prawns (or deep fried Veggies/Paneer/Tofu) and keep mixing. It might take about 3 -4 minutes for the prawns to cook.
- After a minute, add in water or stock.
- In a bowl mix together the sauce ingredients (Schezwan Sauce, Schezwan chutney, Soya Sauce, Vinegar and some black pepper) and add them in the mix reducing the heat to medium.
Tip: Add bite sized charred pineapple pieces to add a dash of sweet and sourness to the sauce!
- Add corn flour mixed in water a little at a time, till the desired consistency is reached.
- Let it simmer for another minute. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish it with fresh spring onions or coriander and serve hot!