One of the simplest joys in life is to eat a cookie without worrying about consuming sugar.
Remember those soft, bendy choc chip cookies you kept drooling at a cake or bakery shop. Yes those!
What if I told you there is a simple way of making a gluten-free version of the same cookie without consuming processed sugars.
These melt in your mouth cookies are an incredible dairy free, low- carb, low calorie alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies.
All you need is to substitute all purpose flour with almond meal and processed sugars with organic honey.
Also, I would love to see your version of this dish, what ingredients and methods you use and the like, so, comment down below or post a picture on Saltpaprika’s Facebook Page or Instagram (@salt.paprika) and we can talk all about it. I am always open to suggestions and feedback and would love to hear one from you.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Served: Room Temperature
INGREDIENTS: 2 tablespoons Butter (vegans can use coconut oil) 4 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup 1 large egg 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 2 ½ cups almond flour (also known as almond meal) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (white or black)- I have used both
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. Now, if you do not have one then make sure you dust your baking sheet or pan nicely so that the cookies will not stick.
- Add butter or coconut oil into a large bowl. Make sure the butter is softened at room temperature and not melted. To this, add honey or pure maple syrup and stir with a whisk until everything is mixed together for a minute or two. Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix together until combined.
- In another bowl, put together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until combined. You can add in 1/2 cup chocolate chips to this mixture.
- Scoop round spoonfuls of the dough onto the cookie sheet, spacing about an inch apart. Press down gently with your fingers or a spatula to flatten them. Dot each cookie dough pieces with a few additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place the baking sheet or pan in the oven for about 9-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. After removing them let cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: I recommend making a double batch and storing them in your freezer in case of “emergencies.”
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days. Also these cookies will be bendy, soft and chewy as we are not baking them all the way till they turn crisp. Enjoy these with a glass of milk or eat as it is!