It’s my Mom’s Birthday!
And guess who is responsible for the cake…?
My mom is not a huge fan of heavy frosting or any cream toppings, so decided to make a simple sugar glaze on top of this CRANBERRY-ORANGE BUNDT CAKE. A little side note , just add about a tablespoon of fresh orange juice to the sugar glaze and you got yourself a fancy orange glaze!
Orange and cranberry are such wonderful flavors to work with. The tartness of cranberries is balanced well with the sweetness of the cake.
This cake makes for a delicious holiday gift and is definitely a crowd pleaser.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35 – 40 minutes
Served: Room Temperature
Ingredients: Dry: 2½ cups of all purpose flour ½ cup of sugar 1 teaspoon of baking powder ½ teaspoon of baking soda ½ teaspoon of salt
Wet: 1 Tbsp of orange zest ⅓ cup of orange juice ¼ cup yogurt ½ cup of oil 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract 2 eggs 1 cup of cranberries (fresh or frozen) This recipe uses frozen
Glaze: 1 cup of powdered sugar 1½ tablespoons of milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 170 degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together for 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients alternatively with the wet ingredients. Fold in cranberries and orange zest.
- Grease and flour your baking pan. I have used a bundt pan.
Tip: To make Orange glaze, just add a tablespoon of fresh orange juice instead of milk into the sugar glaze mix 🙂
Pour batter and bake at 350 degrees F or 170 degrees C for 35 – 40 minutes. Please keep checking every 15 minutes as the temperature varies for different oven types.
- You know it is done when a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about 20 minutes and pour glaze over it.
- For the glaze: Whisk together glaze ingredients until you get a smooth mixture.