There was a time when Friday evenings were meant to be spent doing NOTHING!
When I think about long weekends, I immediately get visions about having fun in the sun, margaritas and burgers. Weekends used to be catching up with friends, plan a weekend trip somewhere or just chill at a cafe. When did we become ADULTS again!?
You know you’re a grown-up when you can’t wait to have some time off so you can do housework. And by housework I mean cleaning closets, laundry, organizing paperwork and the like.
My project for this weekend is to organize my clothes and book-shelf, I hope I do not lose my motivation. I will start doing that as soon as I am done munching on this addictive chocolate bread butter pudding!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 30-35 minutes
Served : Room Temperature
8-10 bread slices cut into halves 3 Eggs ½ cup of Milk 200 gms fresh cream) 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract 2 tbsp Sugar 2 tbsp softened butter ½ cup Choc Chips (white/black) 1 cup melted chocolate (of your choice) I used Toblerone©
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your baking pan or casserole with a cooking spray or butter and keep it aside.
- Apply butter to the halved slices of bread on each side. You can use any bread of your choice (whole wheat, brown, multi grain or white bread), I have used wheat bread in this recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla extract. To that add in sugar, fresh cream and part of melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Now, dip every bread slice in this mixture and place it on the baking dish or casserole making sure it is evenly distributed. After you are finished with the first layer of bread, pour in the remaining melted chocolate on top of this.
- Place the second layer of bread on top of the melted chocolate layer and top it with some choc chips. I have used white choc chips. Keep this mixture aside for about 20 minutes as the bread needs to absorb all the liquid.
Tip: If you feel this pudding is too rich then just substitute milk instead of fresh cream and cut down the sugar quantity
- This goes in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Make sure you keep checking on it every 15 minutes. By the way, at this point your kitchen smells wonderful!
- Now, comes the most difficult part, you have to let this pudding cool completely to about room temperature and serve it with some ice-cream (optional) or just eat as it is! I have sprinkled some icing sugar and brown sprinkles on top because I was feeling fancy 😉 😉
Enjoy this mouth watering addictive chocolate bread butter pudding with your friends and family!