Every festival in India has one thing in common – lots of delicious sweets!
Since, ‘Diwali’ is just around the corner, I wanted to share this simple recipe of Apple Coconut Fudge with you which can be made with few basic ingredients.
This dessert is a treat for your loved ones, friends or guests visiting your home.
Also, you can make it any time of the year as apples are easily available all year round.
I have used the ingredients I enjoy eating but you can further improvise this recipe to suit your liking. (Adding one teaspoon of lemon juice to apples gives this dessert that extra lemony kick.)
If you are looking for a healthier option just substitute sugar with raw honey.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Chill Time: 2-3 hours
Served: Room Temperature
Ingredients: 2 cups Apple (Peeled and chopped) 2 cups Sugar 2 cups Grated coconut ½ tsp Lemon juice ½ tsp green cardamom powder 1 tbsp ghee (to grease the pan) 1 tbsp Cashew cut into small bits (Optional) 1 tbsp Pistachio cut into small slices (garnish)
- Add ½ tsp of lemon juice to your chopped apples to prevent them from browning.
- Add together sugar and grated coconut and cook on a slow flame for 10-15 minutes, till sugar dissolves. Now, add chopped apple and cook on a medium to high flame for 15 – 20 minutes.
Tip: In order to further reduce the cooking time, steam the apples before putting them in the mix.
- Pour this mixture in a greased pan and allow it to set. Garnish on top with chopped pistachios or more cashew nuts.
- After the mixture comes to room temperature, keep it in the freezer on a medium setting for 2 -3 hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Enjoy this delicious and tasty “Apple Coconut Fudge” with your friends and family.