If you are looking to whip up something last minute for the holidays, try this quick and easy chocolate bark recipe.
It does not require baking nor an oven and no need to even turn on your stove!
Okay, may be you will need the stove if you decide to melt your chocolate using a double boiler else just use the microwave.
If you are using microwave to melt your chocolate, make sure you keep stirring the chocolate every 15 seconds as there is no coming back from a burnt chocolate and NO one wants a burnt chocolate !
So all you need is a parchment or a wax paper , melted chocolate and toppings of your choice.
I have used some salted crushed pistachios, cashews and walnuts. You could use a peppermint candy (very christmassy), some candied fruits or whatever suits your fancy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: None
Assemble Time: 5 minutes
Served: Chilled or Room Temperature
Ingredients: 1 cup melted chocolate (dark chocolate preferably) 1/2 cup crushed pistachios + cashews + walnuts (You can add as much or as little you want)
- Melt your chocolate using a microwave or a double boiler.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Spread the melted chocolate on a parchment or wax paper thinly. Make sure you spread it evenly.
- Top it off with your crushed pistachios, cashews and walnuts.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until it is set.
Tip: You can double or triple the quantity of ingredients depending on the number of people.
- Remove and cut into uneven pieces.Can anything get easier than this! I could easily snack on these 😉
Enjoy this sweet treat with your loved ones!