Cooking and baking are one of my few passions but because of that I always end up making more food than necessary which leads to lot of leftovers. My favorite way to use up left overs is to add cheese to (almost) everything!
Whenever I think of cheese & leftover veggies , I think of pizza and whenever I think of pizza I think of all the kneading and effort that comes along with it. So, decided to make these mini muffin veggie pizza bites which gives me best of both worlds.
First of all they look really good, secondly, they are insanely easy to make and lastly you do not have to shell out cash plus tip on a weekday for a delivery!
The best part? These freeze and reheat fantastically. You can freeze them in a freezer bag and pull out couple or more at a time. Microwave them until heated or defrost and pop them in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
These muffins are packed with Italian seasoning and few red chili flakes which makes them flavorful and delicious with just the right amount of spiciness!
You can make ahead a batch of these and pack them for lunch on the go as they are a hit with the kids and grown-ups alike.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 8-10 medium sized Pizza Muffins.
1½ cup All purpose flour ½ tsp baking soda 1 Tbsp dried Oregano 1 teaspoon Italian herbs 1/2 cup corn (boiled and seasoned with salt, pepper & red chili powder) 1 cup capsicum 1/2 cup onion 1/2 cup chopped carrots 2 eggs Lightly beaten 3/4 cup Milk 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded ½ cup Pizza Sauce, yours or store bought Salt to taste Fresh Basil (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and grease a mini muffin pan or bowls.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, oregano and Italian herbs, milk and eggs.
- Add in the veggies (any left-over veggies) & cheese (of your choice) and let the batter sit for ten minutes. Season the batter as per your liking and taste(don’t forget the salt). You can also add red hot chili flakes if you prefer spicy muffins.
- Stir the batter and divide among muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Top the muffins with some pizza sauce and more cheese and or you could serve them with a dipping sauce.(Also, excuse me for the pictures, these were taken with my old phone camera)